View Single Post
As a followup, I've noticed other weirdness too. A shutdown does not work from the power button, the device goes through a process of closing all apps, and the display blacks out, with the backlight on. $( reboot ) on the shell as root also gives the same results. The firmware was flashed back to the latest Nokia supplied one, RX-48_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin, overwriting the filesystem completely (-f with flasher).

I've also observed random problems with the OS after flashing it to the default. GPS stays on, even though there is no system tray notification saying so (I remember that this was not the case when I first started up the device). The browser randomly crashes, and the hardware keyboard refuses to load sometimes. I haven't restored anything from backup and the system is running the OS in the pristine state (MyDocs and ~user weren't populated with any of my stuff).

Is there any difference in the core OS between the WiMAX edition and the normal one? I've tried googling around, but apart from vague posts, I haven't seen anything on this topic. Either my searching skills on this forum are lousy, or I am the first person here to see these type of problems. Oh well, scream PEBKAC if you want to :-)

I know that this doesn't strictly touch the topic for which this thread was started. Should I move this whole thing to a different thread?