View Single Post
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
The active apps screen is one of the things i hate the most on the N9, it's so counterintuitive.

Every time i close an app because i want to *do* something else, i get 'stuck' on this screen, even when nothing else is active. It's the ultimate UI dead end, and i get depressed each time i see this "no active apps" text. Why on earth do you bring me there when there's really nothing i can do or activate there?

Well yes, it's necessary because leaving anything running in the background on the N9 kills the battery -- Fennec 10 and 11, nice options but dog slow in use and heavy on resources drains the battery in hours when left in the background. So the whole paradigm of the Meego system requires that i get told what's running all the time, but on a touch-only device optimized for interaction the chosen approach for me is just a terrible user experience.

One third of the *entire* primary interaction is a dedicated screen that 90% of the time is telling me "no open apps", and even after 2 weeks i keep forgetting which way i need to swipe from there to actually *do* something again, half of the time i end up on the feed screen first...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to litemotiv For This Useful Post: