View Single Post
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Has the work on this taught you enough about integrating plugins to be able to resolve some of the other issues faced in Fremantle or to integrate other solutions? Thinking like Bluetooth networking without relying on scripts or possibly integrating Intel's IWD should wpa_supplicant actually be superceded/replaced.
I think so, yes - but there is more to think about.

Specifically on bluetooth, I know very little about it. But I can imagine we should be able to make an icd2 plugin for this. It will be some work, but I can't imagine why it should not work.

What I've also been trying to think about is to have vpn (openvpn, wireguard) and/or Tor support more properly integrated. I want to continue with that after the plugin and some other (usb, droid4 and tablet) bits.

Regarding IWD, I'm personally unimpressed with the design choices they made and see no reason to switch, so for now I don't think it makes sense to work on this. wpa_supplicant just works, can do many of the bits as non-root user, and the dbus api is now almost implemented by me. Implementing another dbus api is not exactly exciting me right now.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post: