View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@weebly,

As you say, "it says can't install because missing kernel files". That and the first page of this thread should be a clear giveaway. The list of missing files (in fact packages) is right there for you to see. I am sorry and I do not want to sound patronizing or discouraging but I fear that if you have difficulties understanding that then installing this application may be a bit too advanced for you.

The best I can suggest you do is read the thread again, from the beginning to the end, every single post. There are only 104 of them at the moment, it has taken me only about an hour and a half to read them all. If, following that, you still find yourself lost in all the jargon, then I would suggest that it may not be for you, sorry.

In a nutshell, the app requires a modified kernel. 2.6.28 is not a precise enough specification. There are letters and numbers after the 28. The one required by this package is 2.6.28-10power51r1. Note the r1 at the end, plain power51 will not do. The link is in the first post, BTW, along with other dependencies, of which probably the most crucial is CSSU, which stands for Comunity Seamless Software Update. There is a big yellow-green CSSU link at the top right corner of your screen right now, right under the Council logo.

In other words, it will not work on a stock device. You need to do a lot of updating before you get to the point when your device is ready for installing this app, some of them quite risky if you do not know what you are doing. Judging by your questions, I would guess that you may not have the sufficient technical knowledge to embark on all that, even though of course I may be wrong. Either way, as Estel said, there are better ways to ask a question and expect an answer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: