View Single Post
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Pointless? Yes. I have a camera with a special CCD sensor where the pixels are arranged in a unique pattern to optimize color quality and reduce noise. It can also simultaneously capture two images of the same scene and combine them to make an instant HDR photo. Or, it can just take one picture with extra high sensitivity or at the highest possible resolution. So, it's a 12MP sensor but is combining two 6MP images together quite often. I'd prefer to see some cool technology like that, but unless you see a Fuji logo on the phone, don't count on it...

So yeah, we can pull apart the code again and see it supports full manual controls, max 1600 ISO, 100 fstops, 1080p video. Whatever. They could still write a crippled UI or put a shitty lens on it.

You know what's more interesting? They mention the secondary camera driver, I thought it's boring, who cares about that, but the OV2720 actually shows an existing product, and it does 1080p too. So, they want to give us TWO good cameras? I think they put too much work into this crap to not ship a version to the public, but it doesn't look like I can afford it.