View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
Well, I wish us all that it comes so. But then you have to explain to me how the licensing working between Jolla and Myriad and his Alien Dalvik support? if each Sony Xperia X user can flash for FREE the SFOS and WITH Alien Dalvik support?
Without Alien Dalvik I can imagine, but with Alien Dalvik Support unfortunately not.
I would certainly not mind paying a reasonable amount for "official" support - even per device or even per year/device to get access to all of the features & updates - kinda like having a RHEL subscription (although all the stuff in RHEL is open source, #unlike in Sailfish OS at the moment.

But I can imagine even something like a volume license - Jolla pay Myriad a sum of money per supported device. IIRC each device needs some tweaking due to how Aliend Dalvik works, so it would make sense to pay them for the work (and maintenance!) per supported device. If this is possible I can even imagine community crowdsourcing support for additional devices!

In any case I've asked for clarification in a comment to that new blog post - even though I think the chance of getting a clear answer at this time is slim I do think it can help making Jolla aware of this.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: