View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Serafin View Post
Nope tried to flash it using the flasher3.5 thingy, and i could put it into flash mode but nothing ever happened. I'm not very familiar with DOS so it was pretty difficult for me to do. I did it according to the instructions, but they were pretty vague for someone who doesn't do this stuff constantly. I even tweeted at NokiaUSA and they completely ignored me. So they've blown me off by phone, email and web! WOW! I'll never buy another Nokia item again, their customer support has been horrid! To be honest I think the only way I am going to be able to do this is if someone can walk me through it.
As someone who's had to deal with them a few times for several Nokia products and CONSISTENTLY frustrated and insulted by them EVERY TIME, I can wholeheartedly empathize. (Hence my big sarcastic flowery speech about how you're in for a treat with their WORLD CLASS support.)

Anyway... I'm not entirely familiar with doing all this in Windows. Do you have access to a computer running Linux? I find that there are NO USB or driver issues if you're doing it from Linux (I believe there's some if you use Windows). At the worst, you could install Linux inside your Windows computer (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer).

Let me know if you do, otherwise I have to again rely on someone else to help figure out why Windows can't do this for you.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR