View Single Post
I just like to say that for a long time I haven't browsed through 3 pages (in line) of such useful, meritocratic and informative discussion. Really, respect for You guys.

I would also opt for "softer" option 4 - main focus on new way, while providing things for older devices when we can (and it doesn't require months of work). I also think there still be bunch of people developing things for older devices, and there is no problem with "new way" people cooperating with "them", or even being on both "camps" at the same time

I mean that if someone provide more openness for legacy devices, our new "foundation" should be open and helpful, but main goal fixed as "new way".

Ho ever, since developing first really "our" software/hardware (CordiaTAB, if it will be proved to most independent?), we should try to keep as tight "compatibility" with it (in case of even further devices/system versions), as it's possible. So, literally, we start new things, and people who "follow" us (I mean not only developers - average Joey the (power) user, who buy device), can be sure that his device from "our" legacy won't be left dead after 2 years.

Just my 2 cents, from guy much-more-(power)user-than-dev. what do you think about it?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!