View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Seems to me that the much easier solution if you're just copying the symlinks out anyway is to just package them all in the same tar file, preserving the file paths, and then from the installer script, just install the .tar.gz to /tmp/* and then unpack to /. However, it's probably better to just have an if/then check for each one. If [file where the symlink would go] doesn't exist, then symlink to /bin/busybox.

That makes it less likely to override existing full binaries, and/or symlinks to a different binary. Bit more annoying to write the script, but hey, this is why copy+paste was invented.

- Edit -

Anyone using the enhanced busybox use Advanced Interface Switcher? I think the enhanced busybox, combined with the way the Advanced Interface Switcher runs it's unload scripts, makes the Advanced Interface Switcher unable to unload the wifi driver while connected to a network.

Unlike the DNS thing I'm not as sure at this point what is happening. I think I might have had the same effect with the original not-your busybox package offered in the previous thread. Sadly I don't fully understand how the Advanced Interface Switcher package does the running of it's shell scripts, it also barely effects anyone else I suspect - the stock Advanced Interface Switcher scripts first brings down the wlan0 interface, and is meant for the stock driver. Mine skips the interface bringing down step, and uses the injection capable drivers... I'll test more as I can.

- Edit 2 -

Ok, near as I can tell, it's some deeper adv. int. switcher issue - still linked to the inhanced busybox, but not only can root easily rmmod the driver when it's in use, but if tricked into unloading the driver, when it's already connected, on the load script (Adv. Int. Switch. seems to assume the wifi driver is unloaded when it's initially started upon a restart of hildon-status-menu when you're already connected, so you can run its load script through its UI even with wifi pn and connected.), the switcher will still unload the driver just fine.

So my hypothesis is that something didn't work in the interface switcher before, and then started to work with the enhanced busybox - this something being some odd is-wifi-connected check. I can't wrap my mind around how that would be effected by busybox though, as the interface switcher is written in python. Will look through the code as I have time.

For all the masses though: don't worry about using the .deb files in the first post. That one has very little difference from the stock in terms of configuration, and in my testing experience it runs just fine. It's just the enhanced one that seems to hit these odd corner case bugs.(I'm still not 100% sure it's the busybox's fault either yet. Just think that's likely.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-05-06 at 04:02. Reason: One more possible conflict with the enhanced busybox

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: