View Single Post
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
As I have mentioned in this thread, I was working on a python script to display random quotes from a textfile onto the Lock/Standby Screen.
I have now packaged it, but please remember this is still beta testing only.

PREREQUISITE
1. You should modify the file mentioned in this post so as to enable Operator Logo.
2. ie, under "LockScreen MImageWidgetStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeOperatorLo go"
change the entries to as follows (if not present, add):
Code:
minimum-size: 45mm 45mm; 
maximum-size: 45mm 45mm;
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Install attached deb
2. Open Terminal
3. Enter the command:
Code:
LockScreenQuotes.sh
Now lock the device and if everything has gone right it should be showing a quote under the clock. [see attachment]

NOTES
1 As of now, I've disabled running the script in background mode (ie, u will have to keep terminal open for the script to show random quotes). This is because this is still a beta version and I want to know if/what errors popup. Silent version and autostart will be included in later versions.
2 Most of the settings can be changed by editing the file /home/user/LOCKSCREENQUOTES/LockScreenQuote.py. It is pretty well commented and must be self explanatory.
3 You can use your own font/text file. Just note that the text file should have one quote per line and must not have wierd characters (I'll try to fix this later)
4 Python, python-imagin and python-gconf are the dependencies. The application manager should automatically install this. If not please inform me. You can also install it manually by apt-get.

FINALLY, I'M REMINDING YOU AGAIN THAT THIS IS ONLY A BETA SOFTWARE AND USE IT WITH CAUTION.

UPDATE: 7/5/2012
See this post for a newer version(not packaged yet) http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=38
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: deb LSQ.deb (427.5 KB, 395 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2012-05-06 at 13:00.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post: