View Single Post
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Uppsala,Sweden
Thanks for posting this. I do believe this kind of post is a win-win for Nokia and the Community.

1)
I dont know about the get started guides really. When I encounter a problem with the phone I proceed as follows A) search talk.maemo.org. If that doesn't help I B) ask the community. If I still can't figure out the solution I either give or try to hack together something myself to solve the problem. The thought of reading the user guide never occured to me.

2)
The getting started video is all that is needed really. Together with detailed specifications of the capabilities of the device, both software and hardware.

3)
As in press F1 for help? I dont think it is needed. I am a little annoyed that there is no man pages in the terminal though. In graphical programs I think it can be done in using the browser and implemented by the programs that need a help system.

4)
The Maemo community is providing the end-user support already. That is fine. I think Nokia should focus on supporting the community. Nokia could make an effort monitoring the forums and clearing up questions where the community get stuck or fail to reach consensus.