View Single Post
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi
For me and for now without problem:
1. Installation - ok
2. Setting - ok, but can't change the car, i get empty list.. It's also asked me for restore favorites and inserted my home address without problem.
3. Downloading of map - ok, but it's asked me like before, to reopen app and when i reopened it, the app crashed immediately. I waited 5-10 sec. and reopened it again - now it's opened without problem.
Today i will try to navigate and i will report later..
Thank you for your work!
Originally Posted by coredumb
also cannot change the 'everyday moods'. the list is empty.
Thanks for finding those - an easy fix for next release.

Originally Posted by anonymous
Is the user account and password stored plain text? or sent unencrypted?

I would like to upgrade and possibly file bug reports if I find any. But it might also mean I lose my clever username and all my precious points.

Just guessing, but... /home/user/mydocs/user ?

Don't know why I didn't try before asking. I was right
Yes, it is stored locally as plain text, it always been like this in Waze 2.4 official Android release. Currently, all data is sent unencrypted as I haven't finished implementing the encryption part (see the release notes where I stated to refrain from using passwords in this release). The communication encryption will be fixed for the next release. About the local files, I need to check first what is the amount of change that is required for the Waze baseline code - if it is a small change I will fix it as well for the next release.

Currently the next release is set to 2 weeks from this post date - in the meanwhile I am gathering bugs to fix. If all is good it will come earlier than that.