View Single Post
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
It finally worked! adding dns manually to /var/run/resolv.conf didnt work so i added this:
Code:
echo nameserver $DNS1 > /var/run/resolv.conf
echo nameserver $DNS2 >> /var/run/resolv.conf
in my /etc/ppp/ip-up script, and it seems to have done it. Its strange though, i never needed this, just:
Code:
echo nameserver $DNS1 > /var/run/resolv.conf.ppp0
echo nameserver $DNS2 >> /var/run/resolv.conf.ppp0
in /etc/ppp/ip-up script worked fine before, i now for some reason need entries for both resolv.conf and resolv.conf.ppp0 in /etc/ppp/ip-up for it to work. Anyways it works now and thats all that matters, thanks a lot for all the help . Theres one more thing id like to ask, is there anyway to exit/kill pppd when my modem for some reason hangsup or disconnects? (happens frequently, problem in my other phones bt) because my n900 freezes when that happens so i cant kill pppd myself, like some error recovery in chatscript or something else killing pppd when modem hangsup, because pppd apparently continues without noticing that modem has hung up and so i have no choice but to restart n900.
EDIT:-
Adding :
Code:
local
nocrtscts
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 3
to /etc/ppp/options file seems to solve that last problem as well! after peer hangsup, my n900 no longer freezes and pppd automatically terminates as it should

Last edited by Sohil876; 2016-05-08 at 14:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post: