View Single Post
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Hi There,
I had the same kind of issue and i created a post for it which resulted in me creating a bug report that was rejected .. heres the full post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40218&page=2

here is my issue which also applied to calls (with possible way to resolve)
Hi All,
I use my N900 as a music device when driving in my car (i have it connected to my car stereo)

I have noticed that if i receive a message while the media player is open the message appears in a bubble for about 4 seconds then dissapears so if i miss the message time frame of 4 seconds I then have to do a few presses to get to the message application to view the message which is not feasable whilst driving so i cant view the message until i've stopped at some lights or something.
What used to happen with my N95 8GB (which i also used the media player in the same way) was a notification would appear saying '1 message received) then it was a swift 1 button press and i could scan the message to ensure it wasn't an urgent message

Is there any way to set it so the message stays on screen until i touch the screen or increase the number of seconds it stays on screen for (60 seconds would give me ample time to scan the message contents or press the bubble text which would open up messages app)
or
would it need someone to create an add on app