Thread: Boost N900! :)
View Single Post
Originally Posted by brad112358 View Post
Then you have fallen victim to the placebo effect and inadequate control of your tests. If your hack changes nothing outside of the file system and you reflash the file system and see no regression, then you didn't have an accurately measured improvement in the first place. You just thought you did. There are *lots* of variables here and measurable improvements are not easy to come by, but they are *always* logical. There is no ghost in your phone that was charmed by your hacks. :-)

--Brad
Test done:-

11 min video
34 min video
10 min pico drive game (same rom)
10 min vgba game (same rom)
20 min vgba game (same rom)
8hr standby (Done when I'm sleeping and phone set to alarm 9:00am every morning)

Battery percentage and mah was noted at the end of each test.

11min video which usually took around 9% of battery life now took exactly 1% of my battery percentage and mah. Same for the 10min vgba and picodrive game.

8hr standby usually took 5% of battery life using the patch it took 1-2%

34min video which usually took 25% battery life took 12% battery life.

The same tests are done repeatedly before I update the patches.

The changes were also notably different in the emulators, Games that were originally crawling in vgba began to run at full speed Youtube videos that which lagged when scrolling or watching em no longer did so. Websites loaded faster, and scrolling became much smoother.

Your gonna tell me that I "didn't have an accurately measured improvement in the first place"? LoL

The changes would be highly noticable, if I were to remove the patches.

I am saying that the positive effects remained even after i removed the patches from my device. Although the sound quality had reset to it's default setting (lower bass).

Edit: Forgot to mention that my device isn't at all overclocked, nor has it ever been.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-11-18 at 19:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post: