View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Shadowdog View Post
Is there a chance for an updated version for Harmattan in the future?
Not really - Harmattan is in an unfortunate technological middle ground between Freemantle and Sailfish OS. Is no longer has GTK2 and python-location which the (still supported) GTK2 GUI uses and while it has Qt, it's only Qt 4 while the Qt 5 GUI used on Sailfish OS requires Qt 5 & Python 3 (also not available on Harmattan IIRC). I'm also no longer setup for the rather esoteric way of creating Harmattan packages (hello Aegis!) - I think I used the MeeGo OBS for that and that's long gone. And I'm going to soon remove the long unmaintained Qt 4 baed GUI as it seems that even on the N900 it's no longer being used.

So at this point Harmattan support would effectively require maitaining a modRana fork and I'am afraid I don't have the capacity for this. So unless someone else picks this up - it's certainly doable if you can code Python & QML, have the Harmattan SDK for package building and enough time - it's unlikely there will be aby updates for the modRana Harmattan package.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: