View Single Post
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I didn't buy a GPS unit, I bought a mostly open source internet tablet that (this time around) included cellular capabilities and did voice too.

The only other option was a pile of keyboardless Android devices, Android devices with lackluster hardware, CDMA networks, and locked down devices. Oh and I don't like Android's Java sandbox. So much reinventing the wheel, and so little compatibility with existing technologies.

Frankly I (and not just me) see such map software as secondary. And if I need maps on the go, between Google Maps and Ovi Maps I'm good (and I already have a TomTom One for navigation.)

For cryin out loud its a basic feature in a smart phone these days,
Hellooooo! this is 2010..it's a shame a device so high end lacks a basic mapping software.
And for when you say, you & jut you that;s not the thread is about it's about majority of the ppl, how bought into nokia's marketing. And in not a single comemrcial its mentioned that it's not a phone but some internet tablet for open source OS. for e.g this was the main commercial in europe, asia & for us here in NA on web sites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnx0PUX7Do#

The point is this device shoudn't have been trageted for the main stream users if it wasnt meant to be but just for peogrammers/devels who wanna stay restricted and limited when it comes to practicality, applications & actual daily usage of a current day smart phone or internet tablet. With a big price tag & so called Nokia's Flag Ship device.