View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Is python-pyside for Qt 4.8 on Mer/Nemo working ? It is needed to port many Python GUI softwares from Maemo 5 & MeeGo Harmattan.
Yep, Pyside is present in the official Nemo repositories & there are already programs using it (from me & Khertan, maybe also from others ?).

BTW, this is the Nemo library repository. It is basically an overlay over the Mer repositories, so you don't see the Python modules that are part of Mer.

From (non-official ?) MartinK Nemo repository :
- pygtk2, python-magic, python-numeric, python-pyside, python-pyside-shiboken, python-qtmobility.
I can confirm that the PyGTK is really actually working just fine. The pyside-mobility package depends on how well QtMobility is implemented, so for example location is not yet working correctly (it caused a segfault last time I tried to use location ), but other functionality, such as screen blanking control seems to work fine.

Python packaging

It would nice to package pure Python softwares with simpler (than Mer SDK) packaging tools, like PyPackager (for Maemo & MeeGo Harmattan).
My modRana packaging scripts already support the generating Nemo specfiles for COBS (the support is based on modified code from Khertans amazing PyPackager ).

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: