Thread: Moses SmartQ 5
View Single Post
Originally Posted by bezeen View Post
Both smartq5 and smartq7 have the same stupid setup - with 106 mb unused! (on the device)

And it's easy to get a extra 100mb of swapfile. I used smartq7 v3 (original) and installed gparted (change /etc/apt/sources.list - 192.... to repository.handhelds.org). I was stupid enough to Resize the swapfile - AND I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE TO TRY IT - you may break your device - use the web address above - and follow it (if you are stupid and want to try to resize - close all programs before you use gparted). If you are willing to try - my swap file is now 228 mb and it did make my device much more responsive. And if you use the web site to make to two swapfiles or make one big swapfile a can say - this really made my smartq much faster...

And i can't understand how any person - Chinese or other can make a linux tablet and don't use all memory on the card to swap file.
I'm confused, you say you were stupid and can't recommend it but then go on to say why don't they use all the memory and how much faster it makes your SmartQ.

Why are you stupid? please explain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nation.A.List For This Useful Post: