View Single Post
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ finland
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I assume you are talking about the Billboard text and not about the
correct

If it doesn't work for you even after reinstalling the app and making sure the .css file has been properly updated (and fully restarting the device without any charger connected, then waiting a few minutes for Billboard to start up from a cold start),
done, to the best of my abilities at least.

you might need to re-flash your firmware from scratch.
no option. This phone is more than an experimental playground.
(Fuer einen reflash ist der "leidensdruck" nicht hoch genug)
I use it for business and dont feel like casually "reflashing it" w/o
a technical explanation as of why that would be required.

Some applications (especially the tweaking applications, which already state that you have to be careful when using them in the description) might mess up the configuration in a way that isn't handled by the Billboard installation routine.
I dont run tweaking applications, especially not those that would require me to do tings that remove the security code i use exchange and cannot go down that route. So - no, havent
done any special tweaking as far i know. You presume
a lot .-)

Installing Billboard on a freshly-flashed device always worked so far, so that's the only known-good solution that I can provide here. If you happen to choose to go that route
cant go down that route, i have very little time to re-setup my phone and reinstall (and repurchase) apps that inevitably always
get lost during reflash/re-setups no matter how many backups you do...... maybe in a few months.

Too bad you have no hunch where to go and troubleshoot..
.. VI editing files, that i could do, reflash? no. sorry heute nicht.

thanks for your reply anyways. to stay on the fair side, i leave no
feedback on ovi. I think this app is excellent, and i am just an unfortunate exception.

cheers