View Single Post
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Your informative posts are somewhat disturbing about the way your being treated by Nokia care staff OMG.
Don't they realise the usb port is in fact known now worldwide to be a DESIGN FAULT? and deemed to be replaced ?.
It is so sad to read how they are treating their own customers.
My case manager was unaware of the acknowledged design fault, I actually had to email him links(including the ones in this forum) so that he could use that information as a mitigating factor in deciding whether nokia would help me. I am positive the fact I have the transcript of the call operator putting me on loudspeaker to her teammates will mean I should get a shiny new n900- golden rule of the call centre is you never ridicule a customer, especially one who is as verbally damning as me.(eg, if i get no help, I'm sending my story to all the gadget websites, any blogs about nokia, any facebook pages about nokia, anything)

Yes, and the 5 N97s that would not have GPS functionality, even as I walked out of the store, showing the manager of nokia centre each phone failing to do what it was supposed to, in perfect weather with agps turned on.if that was HP or Asus, I would have been immediately given an upgraded product as a matter of Customer Satisfaction and my balls would have been sucked dry in that they would not want to lose me as a customer.

I have spent $2k on this and the n97, and another $1k in time spent talking to nokia. shocking.

the main problem for me was simple- Because nokia's best product in my country was the dreaded n97, I was forced to continue my relationship with their company by purchasing the phone from another country. at the time, my choices in this country were - N97 Mini, Iphone 3gs, HTC Magic, Blackberry Storm or wait until last week to buy an n900 here, at an absurdly higher price.

What pisses me off more than anything is if i rang up, said I was an american working in the country for 2 years, and my phone broke, I would have had no problem getting the phone replaced.

how is it smartphones these days do not have a global warranty? the products are designed to run in every country, the Ads from nokia show me people who own nokias like to have holidays, so where is the massive disconnect occuring? and if they are so worried about knock-offs, why not release their products F*&KING GLOBALLY.... ahem.

But yes, essentially nokia have wiped their hands of the phone's repair, it is now up to the 15 things nokia did wrong by me- 2 more promised call backs which did not happen, and when I rang at 7:30pm(call centre hours 8-8) no supervisors were still there added to the 12 from yesterday.

All because I didn't want to void a warranty which apparently never existed.

Last edited by PipBoyBSOD; 2010-06-02 at 09:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to PipBoyBSOD For This Useful Post: