View Single Post
Originally Posted by Jef971 View Post
Hi everyone,

I Tried few months ago (before PR1.2) to have Nokia to fix this problem i have using Nokia Drive.

The application doesn't show sometimes the name or the number of the exit while driving on a highway.
The voice says which exit but the display only shows the distance.

Does anyone else get this problem ?

I think there's something to fix in the GuidancePanel object in guidancePage.qml but i'm not good enough to know how to fix this.

Here's a screenshot of the problem where you can see that the next exit is after 910m but there's no route name or direction:
This is location dependent so if you have time to look deeper I am more than willing to give you a helping hand. As long as you know how to edit text file in terminal, you can debug this.

The GuidancePanel component defines this header. The text comes from either routingModel or guidanceModel. You just need to dump the variables to figure out what happened. It could be a limitation in the API or could be blocked by the various conditions defined in the if..else block.

Do you have a Symbian device for reference? If Symbian doesn't show next maneuver then you know for sure it's API limitation.

Last edited by sony123; 2012-09-07 at 09:20.