View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by robotrock View Post
I've already opened up the n950 - I might post pictures once I get home from work to see if anyone can support my hypothesis that the sim reader can be replaced with one from a similar nokia phone model.... I saw that video and unfortunately, the n950's sim reader is not like the one in the video
Quick reply...

Robotrock, I also had broken teeth (three out of six) in SIM slot.

I have, in the end, torn the whole SIM slot-holder away (with a tiny screwdriver), leaving just the PCB board with solder-points for a new SIM holder.

After some Internet search, I found on EBay exactly same SIM holder (it's written that it is for Nokia N8 or Nokia C7, but still, it's rare to see something exactly same as in N950), but it comes with flex cable. I am planning to detach flex cable from it (it's said that flex cable can be easily detached from the SIM holder), and then to solder the SIM holder to N950's board.

Point is: do you want to do something similar yourself? Here is the SIM holder. It would require only soldering iron, and some tool to remove the old-holder from the board.

Best wishes.