View Single Post
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
qgil: In regards to the device program. I think there are some really great people that are deserving of the Nokia devices here that weren't given one. Sadly though it seems the people that were given them all but a few have actually used them to make the apps they said they would.

In this device program can we make sure that we keep up with the people that say they will make a program and make sure it happens. I am all for giving devices if it makes things come about, if not, I don't think people should be given devices. Personally I know some people that were given devices that haven't done anything for the N9's development or haven't kept their word to develop what they said they would.

[...]
the devices weren't given out as an advance.
they were given to developers who had proven their skills and dedication with past contributions, assuming they would carry on.
can you blame them not having done so 100% but having looked for an alternative instead?

shouldn't the blame be with NOKIA or, more specifically & usefully, with its current management and its lack of vision (not to say blindness )?

give ppl something to develop for and they will.
not that that much development gets actually done on the devices; most of the time it is done in an IDE (Integrate Dev. Environment). even though it is nice to have a real test "environment"

EDIT: btw Arie, what is your position relatively to being candidate for the Council?

Last edited by misterc; 2012-04-20 at 00:52. Reason: Council candidacy?