View Single Post
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
Hi. Thanks for helping.

It has something to do with adding an Exchange account. I flashed the phone, once I got into Sailfish, went through the tutorial, then downloaded the Exchange and predictative text apps. I changed my cellular data and MMS messaging center (I have T-Mobile in the U.S. and needed to make changes per deprecated's solution). I then added the Exchange account. I had the phone sync Calendar, Contacts (sync: Two-way), and Email.

I finished that, set the phone down a few minutes to go do another task and let it sync up the content. I came back and had 99+ emails listed in the notification area, my calendar appointments, then went to People to get a feel for that and to click on someone to send a test MMS to make sure my MMS works properly. It was at that point that I discovered the 1058 contacts it imported.

When I type a first letter, I get brought to all of these email addresses. People I may have emailed once like ten years ago are listed. I do see Exchange contacts that will be just a person's first and last name. For instance, I see my own Exchange contact in the list. I can click on my contact and see all of my email addresses, phone numbers, etc. But if I go back to just typing my first letter, People gives me results not only with my contact, but also my email address because it pulled that from my emails somehow.

That is all I did. It was like the third task I did on the phone. I hadn't even made a call or sent a test MMS yet.

I hope that helps. Thanks for taking the time to assist.