View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by wpwrak View Post
Brodyga, misiak: that may actually be good news. I didn't think that Nokia would have let devices with such a flaw out of their factory, but if it's a design or process flaw that exists already during production, we can test for it - and hopefully avoid following Nokia's example.

Much easier than catching something that may develop in the field, possibly years after production :-)

Thanks,
- Werner
Just to be 100% clear - I don't know if it was there right from the start or gradually developed over time... Like I wrote - I never noticed that something might be wrong with it. On my 2009 N900 the light is brightest on backspace key and 3 surrounding keys in top right corner. The top left corner is also brighter, but there is not as much difference. The darkest keys are the three columns in the center (starting with "T", "Y" and "U" respectively), and also the whole bottom row is noticeably darker then top one. It's like in the picture you posted ( https://neo900.org/stuff/werner/klig...bad-closed.jpg ).

I am sure this is the genuine device made by Nokia, hw rev 2101, disassembled once for cleaning, otherwise never repaired or anything, all parts are original. As I stated in my last post I'm almost sure that the other N900 (with brither and more white'ish keyboard) is a refurbished unit despite seller saying it's brand new (even the box contents were suspicious for me). Are you sure that the "unaffected" one you pictured is a genuine device manufactured by Nokia with original keyboard leds? Did you compare hardware revisions? I don't remember the rev of the white'ish led one, but can check later if that might matter.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: