View Single Post
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I still believe this discussion will be more useful when we have concrete SDKs and platform releases to compare. The day someone comes pointing to duplicated, pointless or missing features then we will be able to have a proper technical discussion.
The fear is that at the point we have SDKs and platform releases, the ship has already sailed, and IF there is an 'oops' we will be discussing damage control at best (case in point: the /opt story) and maybe suggesting things for Maemo 7/Qt 4.7+. From what I've seen so far about the Maemo 6 UI Framework, it's a bit scary, exactly because it's burning bridges to the rest of the Qt ecosystem. Once you're in Dui-land, there is no going back to 'plain' Qt, in effect, creating a sub-framework. I (think I ) understand the challenges of adapting a general application framework to a mobile use-case, but the prospect of having so many layers and layers of complexity makes it look a bit scary. In facti, it makes the original 'Code Less. Create More. Deploy Everywhere' motto sound like a slightly hollow promise or at least subject to more and more interpretation.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post: