View Single Post
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
the problem with first come first served is that the awareness of the Summmit and even Maemo is changing every month significantly. I would accept the clear candidates in July or even later as they come but still leave chances for late submissions. Also because lightning sessions are a way to accommodate interesting proposals that by no means fit as 30' sessions anymore in a full schedule.
You have a point. We can drop "first come first served" and give ourselves maximum flexibility.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Also, deadline for submissions on the 3rd of July and then 20 days to start having approved sessions? Isn't this a bit old school? I don't see any problem in approving clear proposals asap as they come, decline the clear weak candidates also asap and have a bunch of proposals in the limbo waiting to see if they end up in the schedule or not, depending on whether stronger proposals arrive later or not.
Again, you have a point. However, choosing content by committee means that maybe there won't be that many automatic "Yes" or automatic "No" proposals. It's not as easy as when you have one person deciding

In general I agree with the point, though - there's no need to make people wait any longer than necessary.

Cheers,
Dave.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post: