View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Describe the process. I can't figure it out as well. The procedure is not intuitive.
pic enclosed.

Places (one with a magnifying glass at Left lower corner) > put in any business, click the result you interested, this returns you to the map with a big beautiful blue icon at the center of the map, touch it and say a prayer, you just created your 1st POI, and it supposed to stay there upon closing the map, see pic. Dont create too many or three many, I have NOT figure out how to take it away , you, stop laughing at me.....

More info and pic here, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38872&page=2, thread #51

When off line, your POI, though still show up but is not clickable.
To do route when offline, you have to set point A and point B manually, I usually just click any thing near the destination and gps current position, it will generate a route.

No. The N900 with its current status, is NOT a replacement for a standalone gps. If you know your instrument, it can still serve you with its capacity. My N900 tracks me very well and gps lock is NO complaint after the last 2 upgrades.

bun
Attached Images