Thread: Group MMS
View Single Post
So, I've been a long-time user of Maemo/MeeGo, but I stopped for a while after Nokia scrapped it. This is the first post I've made after lurking these forums for nearly a decade, but it won't be a happy post unfortunately.

I finally got a phone with a decent Sailfish port the other day, and right after I install Sailfish, suddenly someone I know has fallen ill and there's a ton of group texting going on. I honestly hate Android, and I was using the woefully outdated Firefox OS until I got the chance to jump back to a real Linux OS. The fact that I may have to swap my SIM card to another phone or flash Android just to 'solve' this issue is frustrating to say the least.

What makes this especially annoying is that Sailfish is better than I had expected in every other area I care about. It's essentially the perfect user experience for me with the exception of this one critical flaw. I don't get into group texts on a weekly basis or anything, but when they do come it's usually fairly important.

Is there really no workaround for this? I can't find any patches in Warehouse on a cursory look, but I wouldn't imagine this to be overly difficult to implement. If Sailfish X officially supported North America, I expect this would already be a major issue. In any case, I would personally be willing to pay to get this feature implemented.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scionicspectre For This Useful Post: