View Single Post
I had to do (almost) exactly same thing, some time ago. I was able to recover video, although, results were not very satisfying - audio/video sync was PITA to repair (more precisely, frames per second on video), and somehow, keyframes were messed up - i don't know how it's possible in already recorder stream, but it looked like all keyframes stacked up together, so, periodically, You've had perfect picture for a few seconds, going gradually worse and worse... to the point of awful quality, then, PONG! awesome quality again, going gradually worse and worse... Everything over the same period of time (7-8 seconds), rinse and repeat.

Finding a tool was also a PITA - to my knowledge, there is only one freeware tool capable of doing so, and, to make things worse, company producing it made it payware starting from some version number, and carefully deleted prior version from almost everywhere. Newer version doesn't have any better functionality, and it's perfectly legal to use older, freeware version, but - no idea how they achieved that - links for downloading it doesn't seem to exist *anywhere*.

fortunately, I was able to get in contact with someone who used it during times of freeware, and wrote on his blog about it - he still had program on his hard drive, and was kind enough to send it to me.
---

So, here You have it:
Videorepair 1.5

I don't remember usage instructions, but, it was quite straightforward. After all, you can always check their website - new payware version uses same procedure, IIRC.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: