View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I have just uploaded 1.1.0 release.

This release adds automatic activation by systemd sockets. Thank you all for suggesting daemon mode and, in particular, @seiichiro0185 for the way to implement it. In this case, systemd's socket activation works very well and allows us to have minimal resources allocated for the server when we don't use it.

The server supports GUI and socket-activated modes. When you open the GUI, it stops the service and socket activation, waits till the server's ports get free, and works as usual. On closing GUI, socket activation is started again. If the server is started via socket activation, it runs in the background (no GUI) and would stop itself after some period of time when noone was accessing it (idle period can be set in settings).

Notice that if you access the server while switching between GUI and socket activation modes, you may get some requests ignored/dropped. This is a side effect of the implementation allowing me to avoid larger rewrite of the code. In practice, I have not seen such effect on my phone (OPX).

Enjoy using it and let me know if there are issues. The update is available via OBS, OpenRepos, and was submitted to the Harbour.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: