View Single Post
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
thanks harrihakulinen and zimon for the answers

zimon:
yes. its also good that u mentioned it here so that developers knows that it is a big request (...and maybe other ppl can click thanks on mine or harri's reply post so it doesnt hog the thread too much). i really hope thats how it will be done to preserve compatibility with as many Meego apps as possible.

the proximity sensor acts a little bit laggy in some games/phoneapp. but maybe its due to the game itself. or maybe it have a little delay in updating its state, to limit "noise" (so the state doesnt jump back and forth)...
anyway, this feature is almost a must, no matter of a little lag, for a fully compatible meego distribution...

im gonna check out that brainstorm and see if i can make a more proper post

even though im a really bad programmer atm i will also check out the Meego SDK and see if it is something i could pull out with time.
although i think it must be done at "Driver level" to ensure full compatibility with apps/games communicating directly with the driver, bypassing the OS default inputs - and that will probably require coding ARM assembler, an area where im currently totally lost...

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-05-29 at 03:20.