View Single Post
Hi!

I'm also having some battery status reporting trouble; a new battery, the trouble started after a few weeks of use -- stopping to charge at 80% (as reported by battery-eye / status area), after clearing the data in battery eye, not seeing any charge info at all, etc.

At first I suspected the battery, but over the past few days I've done some calibration using bnf/bq27200.sh, and the battery itself seems to be doing great -- the numbers reported by the scripts are behaving consistently, and I'm getting good use out of each charge. However, the reporting in battery eye / hal / status area is still acting weird.

1. Is the calibration supposed to affect those, or are there two separate battery-status-reporting entities here?

2. I'm not even sure if I'm using stock BME or BME replacement -- how can I check? (I'm on CSSU Stable, switched to kernel-power-53 only about a month before getting the new battery; I didn't explicitly switch to BME replacement, but it's not clear to me if that happens automatically with kp53?)

Thanks!
Dov

Last edited by dovf; 2016-08-15 at 16:36. Reason: link directly to post where I link to the battery I finally got...