Thread: Maemo Bugzilla
View Single Post
Looking at these bugs, some should be taken with a pinch of salt as the community has developed work arounds or solutions. Perhaps the bugs aren't completely fixed, but they are at least partially there. So looking at this section (Ten biggest open bugs by number of votes

1. # 176 - Support for OGG Vorbis / Theora missing
There is a .deb to allow the built-in media player to play OGG Vorbis at least, not sure about Theora. This uses the ARM to do the decoding. There is also a Garage project to build a DSP task to do OGG Vorbis decoding (dsp-tremor), all and any help appreciated.

Therefore, is this still a bug - or is the buginess only that Nokia don't have this working out-of-the-box?

2. # 2878 - Very poor satellite acquisition with internal GPS
If you were reading maemo-developers yesterday, you will have seen that there appears to be AGPS software for the N810 floating around inside Nokia, so hopefully this will soon be closed.

4. 667 - A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth profile wanted
Well this is now built into BlueZ (and I understand that the latest versions of BlueZ have ARM optimisations to reduce the CPU usage - any ideas which version introduces this?), and there are plenty of HowTos on this forum about how to get this working. There is also a DSP project on Garage (dsp-sbc) for those who might want to help out.

Now this won't work with the internal player yet (though I imagine adding an alsa-sink and editing the conf files should enable it), so is this why it's still a bug, or the fact that it doesn't work out of the box?

And from (Ten biggest open bugs by importance*:

2877 - Incorrect GPS timestamps reported over D-BUS
This isn't a big issue; it won't strike again for 4 more years, and by that time hopefully the underlying library which has the leap-year bug will have been moved on. Hopefully this will also be closed in the next release.

I see that there are still bugs against the RSS feed reader (for example), the source for which is now available (http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...s-feed-reader/). I would encourage people to look at the bugs and see if there is source now available for the applications in question. If there is source, I'm quite sure the bugs will get fixed more quickly if people submit patches.

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post: