Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
yeah...

"... when will the neo900 be available?..."
answer:
"... hard to say..."
5 years heading on towards 6...
and it is "hard to say"

we have seen a lot of logs, a lot of schema, a lot of everything ...but ...proper official updates ...that can be held accountable.
let alone device production underway.

I was a huge supporter for this project.
Now half a decade later...

Just put me on the refund list.
consider that my own "official update"
I tried to refrain from a post (but what endsormeans said is exactly my feeling, too).

And I am asking myself if I really would spend huge (or even huger) amount of money if it would see the light in 202x:
I guess no as I went for the CDMA/2G/3G modem and at least two of them are vanishing where the third was replaced by 4G more often.
And this is one part of hardware that is not yet stocked but would need to be purchased (afaik)... or?

I am not asking for refunds (in principle endsormeans would already need to be paid on delivery due to interests ) but a realistic view and information.

--edit
my 'sarcastic' way of achieving privacy:
pack one of my reflashed backup N900 (bought from some other country) in tin foil, never insert a SIM and use it as artefact
and for daily usage I will contnue using SFOS and -crap- some Android apps (based on Kitkat 4.4, really safe )

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2018-07-20 at 07:28.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: