View Single Post
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Luckily I got part of my money back when the whole strange thing with golden delicious and neo900 had some strange accounting issues. They offer to option to transfer the deposit to the new account or get a refund less some costs (about 160eur if I recall).

The think is that it had already started to look less likely to happen. I invested in the sailfish startup project and neo900 about the same time. And the progress made by sailfish vs the progress made by neo900, one what was really a simpler project... was for me starting to smell funny.

I have continued to watch the Neo900 and would have loved one to happen a few years ago. But now the spec is too weak and without a product which would attract coders then the future of it would be niche anyhow.

For nostalgia I still use my N900, but more and more things are no longer supported on it. So the start point of a Neo900 running Maemo would be the same as the current state of N900.

Unfortunately Android does most of what I want it to do for me today, SFOS does some, but no all, so is semi retired from my life.

The N900 was great, but alas without continuous development , big buck investment and motivated coders creating the applications, it cannot be part of the modern world. And as a Linux based hacking device, it still works perfectly well. I dont need a faster processor or more RAM for this task.

So what exactly, in 2018, does the Neo900 bring me? Somehow I am pleased I got most of the money back.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post: