Thread: Nokia is done.
View Single Post
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
http://geekongadgets.com/2014/09/10/...osoft-windows/

It's so sad to think that Nokia, the veritable grandfather of mobiles will be simply no more. A part of me is hoping Microsoft does things in a way which allows Nokia to be reborn independently someday, but Microsoft isn't sloppy like that.

Just makes you wonder how different the market would be if Eflop hadn't sent the burning platform memo, if Nokia had kept to their plan, and Microsoft wasn't.. well, Microsoft.

Oh well, it was a blast while it lasted!

The opposite. Nokia is finally out of all this **** (cutting back for years, Windows Phone, Microsoft free of it all) and back to engineering house with hefty profits and a big bank, with no worries in the world at the moment and still remain relatively largish company with 35 000 working on the new Nokia.

This has been discussed hundreds of times here, so I wont bother to go too deeply, but Microsoft can't say what Nokia can manufacturer and what it can't. Nokia is a openly traded company. Only thing they are hindered is that they can't use Nokia brand on "mobile devices" before 2016.
Granted I do think it's irrelevant as I don't think Nokia will return to making phones ever. Consumer devices, that are mobile? That I see almost likely. It does seem like Nokia is making HERE as a consumer brand, with the reshuffling going on there.

Though I suspect whatever consumer side stuff it will be, it wont be something to get excited by typical talk maemo forum member. I doubt they want to be anywhere near anything related to maemo, meego etc.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post: