View Single Post
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
check out this video about N900 and maemo5 too:

http://www.newlc.com/en/n900-upcomin...o5-omap3-watch
He pronounces "May-mo". Oh, infidel!

Regarding the comments before about the price, if it really launches at €600, man, what a wasted opportunity. All the comments before about bringing it mainstream, building a bigger user-base, helping Maemo become more widespread and out-of-the-box usable... Forget it. At €600, just not gonna happen.

Now imagine if it shipped for $399, with a nice cd with Nokia Software for easily (really EASILY) syncing media with Windows, Linux, Mac (yeap, it's doable. The Pre syncs with Itunes out-of-the-box). Imagine maybe a flickr/facebook/ovi joint subscription for sharing pictures (already doable in Symbian with Shozo, dunno if they can pull it off), youtube for sharing videos, etc., and that nice, 3.5" screen with Maemo (something that I don't think any other smartphone can offer so far). It would just change the world as we know it. I would be exhilarated to buy one, even if I'm partial for my 4". Everybody here would jump at one. Half the world would want to jump at one.

And I dunno about the US Market, but is T-Mobile seen as something better than AT&T and the others? Is it 'less hated'? Also, how does this T-mobile attachment thing hold out for outside-US releases?

Last edited by Bobbe; 2009-06-04 at 15:42.