View Single Post
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
I am waiting for install package, course I dont know how to install it manually. :)

Does Frodo fun full screen or small window?

Currently Frodo is not scaled to fullscreen.

to assign disk images to frodo drive a edit ~/.frodorc and assign image type and name, for e.g.:
DriveType8 = D64
DrivePath8 = /home/user/Frodo-4.1b/games/1942.d64

To learn more about C64 and disk images, see
http://www.df.lth.se/~ola/c64-dummies.html
I am working on the GUI now so that you don't have to edit frodorc to load disk images. Also several games require swapping disks during the game,

GUI

- Packaging tcl and tk for Nokia for GUi. done
- Modifying TK preferences window so that it can be hidden (currently hides the frodo window) and fits on screen

This requires...
- Learning tcl/tk programming

(edit 03:41) Frodo 4.1b does not support swapping of disk images during execution. According to one source, writing to disks without 1541 hardware emulation is said not to work. According to gui menu, mounting of multiple disks is not possible with 1541 hardware emulation turned-off.

(edit 05:04) Frodo Author Christian Bauer appears to have been working on an internal SDL GUI, which would avoid the problems with TK gui (creating a seperate window not registered with hildon), but no changes apparent since 2005

(edit 06:06) CVS access to frodo source with SDL menu appears to be blocked.
(edit 06:21) 10th try with given password and now checkout works.

(What? does he think that will keep me from getting his source?) :D

Looking at CVS now it appears the Frodo authors have a zaurus and that the sdl gui is in current development. It appears that a port with builtin gui features will be available fairly soon.

I have built a cvs version that runs now, but the fullscreen and arrow keys / dpad arrows do not work yet, so there is no user benefit over the previous release.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-04-29 at 05:19.