View Single Post
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2015
#927
...so am I counting as a necro-mancer now...?
N900 still occupies me like crazy. I dedicated one of mine only to gaming . Lots of WebOS, ScummVM, emulators - currently two sixaxis perfectly working .
Just one heart-wrenching stick in the eye that keeps me frustrated:
HOW do you use the buttons of the analog sticks? I searched this thread and the whole internet. The few tips I found didn't work out.
This one for example:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=847
It just has no effect.

It would be great to map the stick buttons as anything (another letter from the keyboard), but emulating the mouse buttons would be of course the holy grail! The sixaxis could replace a mouse then!

So - did I overlook something or has anyone a solution?

I thought about maybe employing xdotool for that or gconftool-2... But how exactly, beats me.

I know that for some WebOS games gconftool-2 is used in the "hacks" scripts. But I don't know if that can be of any use here...

By the way, in case anyone is interested, I managed to automatically show the mouse cursor when the sixaxis is connected by including THIS in the "/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/20-x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi":

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <!-- Sixaxis configuration for Fake-Joystick Use (Keyboard) -->
    <match key="input.product" contains="PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller">
        <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">input.keys</append>
        <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">input.mouse</append>
EDIT: Just found something out...
If you delete or rename the fdi file the sixaxis has a different key mapping. Mouse buttons are emulated and the D-Pad produces arrow keys instead of letters. So as a workaround you can keep renaming the file depending on your current use case - you just need to restart bluetooth in between.

EDIT: I have to correct myself. Just renaming and leaving the file in the folder is not enough. Apparantly the settings are still read then. Better move the file to another directory. I wrote a QBW that moves the file with the currently preferred settings to the destination directory. Bluetooth has to be restarted, which is part of the script. I created one fdi file that maps the sixaxis buttons for ScummVM and another for Nintendo emulators. Works like a charm. The only downside is that the analog sticks really are no perfect replacement for a mouse.

Last edited by sebar; 2017-02-10 at 15:03.