View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I only read the first 45 pages, so if what I'm going to ask is answered in the remaining 60 pages I'll be happy to read them. It'll just take a while until my headache is gone. (Pointers would be nice!)

On neo900.org/specs it is written that the Neo900 would come with or support Debian. Does that mean I could use it as a phone (making/receiving calls, being notified about missed calls, SMS, mobile internet) with Debian instead of Maemo?
Easy to use CLI tools would suffice.

Ideally I'd like to run a vanilla Debian, although I realize that using another Kernel (the Fremantle port?) might be useful due to power consumption reasons.
Two to three days battery runtime would be enough, at the moment I have 5-7 days with a very outdated KP.

So basically what I'd like to have is not a better N900 with Maemo but a mobile pocket Debian terminal that accidentally happens to double as a dumbphone.
If that works I'll happily pay 700 Euros for the device. And if the price drops even further I might be inclined to put a backup board in my closet.

Oh, and what about the watchdog? Will there be one in the Neo900? If so, can I deactivate it and have whole night long compile orgies without having a bad sleep because I always worry about the device having rebooted?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: