View Single Post
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Reggie, please help me understand. Seriously....

At ITT you had multiple themes, why is it now suddenly way more work to continue the status quo, now that you have more people behind the site, it would seem to me to be easier to maintain.

What specifically it the adverse reaction to the themes.
This is my confusion...

I get that maemo.org merged to iTT.. ok, great, fantastic.

I get that some people like the new theme and want it by default (especially for new users).. ok, great, fantastic.

What I don't get is that we already had an iTT theme running before this theme, it's already built, already made, what's the problem with simply allowing a person, should they so choose, to select "original iTT theme" in the theme selection box? Nobody needs to make anything, or pay anyone. Unless that theme got deleted?

Did the forum software change to a non-compatible version? I see this is powered by vBulletin... I *know* that has extremely simple theme support for it.. was it not vBulletin before?? (I never paid attention).

I've been somewhat out of the loop for a bit.. but every so often I try and catch up on here but I am finding it difficult to with this new layout. I'm sure people love it, I know people put a lot of effort into it, and that's great... but much like the OS X theme(s) for Mac - this is just not my cup of tea.

There's even entire vbulletin forums with free themes available.. why do we need something custom?? *any* other option(s) beside the default, or minimalistic. Although, I think I'm preferring minimalistic.. except that it's - well - minimal in functionality.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: