View Single Post
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Having put to rest my Nokia N900 (RIP MyNokiaN900) for a Samsung Galaxy S2, the one thing I miss the most is the ability to multi-boot into Maemo or Android or run scripts via X-Term. Having experienced Android for the past 3 weeks, I've been pleasantly surprised at the speed of the device together with the Android OS. I have also gotten involved in the Android Community and started to experiment with loading new ROMS, and Kernels etc. It's good fun getting involved, experimenting, telling others etc.

Any device or should I say Smartphone can feel like a stupid toy if one doesn't take the time to understand it, break it, rebuild it, learn it, install new software, play with it, break it again, get on the forums and ask loads of questions, answer questions other are asking.... all of these things are part of having a Smartphone.

When I read the first post I just thought.... TOSSER!, you've not experienced the N900 because you have never gotten involved or contributed to this wonderful Maemo Community. 1 Post is hardly getting involved. Like others have said, there are some awesome programs that Maemo has that Android or Apple can just dream of (TV remote control programs come to mind) and I suspect this chap will go to Android, or Apple and get bored very quickly with the tens of thousands of the same App, with 5 star ratings...

Probably the worst place to moan about Maemo as well... Clearly not very bright!
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post: