View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@rinigus
this is a very special beg (so please feel free to ignore)

I have an exfat formatted SD card (I know, I know ) and (now) around 20G of maps data.
It works quite well with exfat-fuse drivers.

But after having increased the size of datasets from only Germany to Europe I experience long slowdowns at start and also crashes.

It is always for gz files of valhalla.
As I have seen lots of CPU (more than 100%) for harbour-osm-scout-server and mount.exfat I assume timeout of boost::filesystem actions.
If it is really time out would it be possible to extend that for me?
I know boost as a C++ library and found occurences only in mapnik*.so library. So maybe it is possible to check?

And as I fiddled with terminal I got also some other warnings of 'binding loop detected). Please see the screenshot (fingerterm sometimes kind of 'freezes' and I could not copy/paste to text).
I don't have whole Europe on my SD Card, so maybe its some scaling issue. Also, I use ext4 as a FS for SDCard.

Boost is used by Valhalla which is linked into the main program now. From the error messages, I don't see any timeouts, but some interrupted call. Why was it interrupted, I don't know.

Valhalla lib is in major rewrite right now by its devs. As a part of it, they plan to get rid of many dependencies, boost::filesystem included. Maybe that will help.

As for now, I suggest you to look realistically what do you want to use in the next 2 months. I suspect its not full EU. 2 months are from the fact that I am trying to update the maps once in 2 month period.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: