View Single Post
Originally Posted by merpl View Post
I really don't want to spend days faffing with a broken source tree when someone has a working (0.4?) version lying around.
Hi,

your best bet is likely to use the initial commit that was uploaded to github:
https://github.com/ruedigergad/emuma...76c5e918d9a26d

From what I know, there never was a 0.4 version available, not even as source.
To me, it looked like the original developer had to stop right in the middle of something.

In addition to what you already observed, be aware that there was some change in the Qt stuff that ships with current Sailfish OS versions.
I do not recall which Sailfish OS version introduced the change.
However, the impact was that the drawing performance was notably decreased.
This all happened a long time ago, one or two years or so, so my memory is pretty faint on the details.
But if I recall correctly, the drawing performance when, e.g., playing Super Mario 3 on the SNES emulation used to be pretty stable at 50 fps and then dropped to something around 30-40 fps and it fluctuated much more, which really impacted the experience.

Regarding the changes I did in my github repository:
As you notice, there was quite a long inactive time since the initial upload to github.
However, end of 2016/start of 2017, I played with alternative drawing approaches trying to improve the performance.
My hope was that I could somehow get back to the performance before the aforementioned change.
In that process, I also experimented a bit with alternative ways for drawing the controls, e.g., by drawing the controls via QML instead of the "rather low-level" approach in the original emumaster.
Due to time constraints, I never got to release a proper updated version.
The current status is still somewhat experimental.

Thus, the best advice I can give you right now is:
If you quickly want to get the status of the last working SFOS release:
start with the initial github commit from 2014 and maybe try to see if you can find some build-related files, maybe from my old Mer OBS repositories or so.
If you like, I can try to dig up some links but, unfortunately, my time is very limited, right now.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Cheers,

Wonko

Last edited by Wonko; 2017-08-05 at 15:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: