View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
right on, right on!
This is really cool, not like the mostly useless meego rescue-initrd "solution" that left user even without [0-9] on kbd of the "shell" and allowed users to earn a CS degree en passant while mastering the task to mount maemo's NAND ubifs /.

Wrap this into a nice generic linux script to run on x86 which will take care of all the wget and dd and flasher-3.5 --foo and whatnot, and this will definitely earn a ranking among top three most useful maemo packages ever. 'Integration' (as in interoperability) of backupmenu (possibly incl the mtd_debug based raw image handling I suggested, buzzword >loopmount<) and maybe even fiascogen would be the icing on top.

I already offered to NIN101 (on IRC) to help with charging, though robbiethe1st's stuff is based on shadowjk's charging script and thus directly from the creators of (jrbme) charging and vboost and confirmed to be ok.

Also please ping me if you look for help and/or proofreading of the x86-side shellscript

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-08-18 at 08:08.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: