View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Do you happen to know what they refurbish?
On my model, the main refurb part was the main board. The keyboard and some of the external frame bits were clearly new (had that squeaky new plastic look/feel). The screen had a protector on it already, and had a couple very mild scratches under the protector in non-screen areas, where most people hold it by when closed. The tell tale was that there was data in the MyDoc partition that was easily recoverable. It was originally setup with a french keyboard which made typing a hair wonky until I got the setting right.

Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post
Well since it is pretty explicit in announcing its new and also from UK not HK I figured I would take a shot. He has a seven day return money back so eh what to lose?
The one I got mine from also said it was new, and even disputed several feedbacks claiming they were not. They also offered a money back guarantee, and warranties. In the end, I left them neutral feedback for shipping a refurb when it was clearly marked new. But most were leaving good feedback and saying the same thing, mainly because they were happy to get a working device at a good price.

AFAIK production on the N900 stopped several months ago. So the only "new" N900s that are around are the ones sitting in boxes in cell shop dealers that haven't been purchased. There may be a few out there still, but more than likely if you're getting a "new" one, it's not really new. Over the next few months though, even refurbs are going to start to dry up. So if you want a spare, now's the time to get one.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: