View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
The only risk to the 'new apps only' rule is that it's sure to cut down the number of entries, so there may be too many categories. It would look bad if there were lots of categories but only a few entries in each.
Hm, yes. How many developers are still around maemo.org?

I'd miss the "Fun & Strange" category if it went, even though it's not often over subscribed with entries it does raise some gems and a few smiles - who can forget rmerren's entry 'Old School' (Old School for n900) or helex's entry 'N900 X-Ray' (N900-X-Ray - this will convert your N900 into a hi-resolution mobile X-Ray unit) lol We definitely need to keep a place somewhere for the eccentric side of maemo.org, even if it's just a catch-all 'others' category

I think that N900 X-Ray thread is one of my favorites on maemo.org And this follow up thread n900 xray is it real??? too .. in fact maybe we should have a category where the winner is the application that generates the best threads with the most ridiculous replies
Wooohoo...
Thanks, kojacker. You made my day. This is what every developer wants to read.
So, have I created a useful application? A ridiculous feedback app. Perhaps it could fit next time into the toolkit category!

And our first donation pledge to the community bounty
Mmh... wow, good mark. Lets hope the next donators will try to catch up!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: