View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have to admit I did not test that so extensively, just that it launched harmattan correctly on my device. Indeed something mus have gone amiss when I built and packaged it.

Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Sounds to me like a mismatch between the kernel and the module. I couldn't find any kernel modules within the cpio archive or ubifs so my guess is that these are coming from the rootfs of Harmattan (is that right juiceme?). If this is the case, the new kernel probably differs sufficiently that it would cause the problem. One possible solution could be to bundle the newly built modules with ubiboot and mount them over the top the rootfs.
Yes, modules are built in the initramfs, if you check the ubifs.list file you see how it populates the filesystem when kernel is built

Originally Posted by wicket View Post
juiceme, what's the reason for the new ubiboot kernel? Has anything changed there? I never bothered to flash the new ubiboot kernel as the changes I submitted didn't require them so I'm still on the previous kernel (0.3.6 tiny) and have no problems with loading g_multi.
Technically there was no forced reason to update the kernel but I wanted to do that, to check that my toolchain still works
Also as there was new functional interface to kexec I pushed up the internal version number which needs to match between the kernel, the cpio and the configuration file.

I'll have to recheck what went wrong with the build.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: